Saturday, May 14, 2011

Angels Unaware

Lessons from a Rehab Center
A couple of years ago I sang in Jacksonville up to five x's a week. I especially got a high from singing in nursing homes. Suddenly I found myself recovering in a rehab center from losing the use of my legs and surgery. I met Jake and, well I fell in love.  Jake was 80 years old and only had a short time to live. I was blessed to share his 80th birthday but like the little drummer boy, what did I have to give?  "What's your favorite song Jake?  Leaving On A Jet Plane it is." So I held his large once strong hand and sang him a "love song" in a room full of therapists, patients, nurses and doctors, strapped in my wheelchair.  He cried.  I cried.  Then, well, everybody cried.  You see God can always use us even in the most unlikely places
Celebrate the day!

www.asbellarts>com


No comments:

Post a Comment